We all know how easy it is to put off making a will, especially given how expensive it can be, but when you have child with a disability it becomes that little bit more important to think about the future. So we started our popular Wills and Trusts Voucher scheme to help parents prepare for their child’s long-term future. A voucher is worth £350 towards the cost of having a solicitor prepare a will and discretionary trust to make provision for your child’s future.
Can I apply?
To qualify your child must:
- Be 16 or under.
- Have a neurological condition (For more details on the conditions we cover please read Who We Help.)
- Receive DLA at the Middle or High Rate.
How to apply
- To get an application form call us on 0800 328 1159 and we will send you out a form. If you would like to download and print the form yourself you can do so at Apply for a Voucher, where you will find the form in both word and PDF formats for printing.
- Complete the application form.
- Enclose confirmation that your child receives DLA at the Middle or High Rate.
What happens next?
- When we receive your application we will write and let you know we’ve had it. If there is anything missing or incomplete we will tell you and ask for the missing information.
- When your application is complete it will go to a panel for a decision and if you’re successful we will post you out your W&T voucher.
Using the voucher
- Once you receive your voucher you simply need to find a solicitor to prepare the will and discretionary trust for you.
- We do ask that you contact us to let us know that you’ve met with a solicitor so that we know the voucher is being used.
- Once the solicitor has draw up your will they should complete the voucher and send it to us with their invoice and we then pay them directly.
- If their fees are over the £350 we will still only pay the £350 and you will need to pay the difference.
For more information please visit the Cerebra website.