Here you will find some very useful links for teaching children with Down Syndrome and information on best practice and inclusion….
The Down’s Syndrome Syndrome association has produced a series of resources for teachers, most are free!
- Reduced visual acuity – Think BIG think BOLD!
- Including Children with Down Syndrome – Early years
- Reading strategies for pupils with Down Syndrome
- Strategies for teaching numeracy and maths to pupils with Down Syndrome
- Notes for teachers on short-term auditory memory problems in children with Down Syndrome
- Notes for teachers on fine motor skills development in children with Down Syndrome
- Notes for teachers on behaviour issues in children with Down Syndrome
- Notes for teachers on the transition of pupils with Down Syndrome from primary to secondary school
- New Celebrating Success Resources – Inclusion For Individuals with Down Syndrome across Mainstream Education Settings
- Education Support Packs for School – Secondary
- Including pupils with Down Syndrome – Further Education
- Teaching Children with Down Syndrome
- Finger strength and joint stability
- Hand dominance